(Crystal A. Proxmire, Sept. 4, 2014)
Ferndale Detective Brendan Moore is the finalist in a National Anthem Singing Contest being held by Comerica Bank, with a chance to sing in front of an upcoming Detroit Tiger’s Game.
The prize also includes a Ticket package and a $10,000 grant for the Ferndale Police if Moore wins.
A panel of judges from the Detroit Tigers, the media and Comerica Bank narrowed the field of contestants down to 10 finalists before opening the contest to public voting.
The top 10 finalists are:
· Carl Allen, Police Officer, Detroit
· Tyler Auclair and Jake Gilbert, Firefighters, Auburn Hills
· Steven Curtis, Police Officer, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office
· Patrice Dubose, Police Officer, Detroit
· Walter Johnston, Firefighter, Hartland
· Brendan Moore, Police Officer, Ferndale
· Martin Rucker, Firefighter, Detroit
· Jeffrey Siarto, Firefighter, Oxford
· Roderick Wynn, Firefighter, Auburn Hills
“We were impressed by the creative submissions from the talented police officers and firefighters who serve our community,” said Mike Ritchie, president of Comerica Bank – Michigan. “Now the public has the opportunity to cast their vote and join Comerica in saying thank you to our hometown heroes for their bravery and dedication.”
Voting is open to the public now through Saturday, Sept. 14. Those who wish to vote in order to support their local hero can visit the Comerica Cares Facebook page, click on the “National Anthem” tab and follow the instructions. This is also where people can hear Moore singing the song!
The winner will be announced on Monday, Sept. 16.