(Crystal A. Proxmire, Aug. 20, 2013)
A fire that occurred in the 800 block of St. Louis at about 10:30 Tuesday morning caused about $20,000 worth of damage. The fire started on the second floor. Fire Marshall Brian Batten investigated the scene and determined the source to be “clothing stacked too close to an incandescent light bulb in a closet.”
The family of four was not home at the time of the fire. They are unable to live there until cleanup is done on the first floor and repairs are done on the second floor, Batten said.