(Affirmations Press Release, March 14, 2013)
Affirmations is pleased to announce this CALL FOR ENTRY to artists to submit work for consideration for the Annual All-Media Group Pride Exhibition, held in the Pittmann- Puckett Gallery. Entries are due, delivered or postmarked by April 26, 2013.
Opening on Thursday, May 16, 2013, this show will feature a wide array of work by area artists. The Pittman-Puckett Curatorial Committee will select 40 to 50 selected works for group exhibition through July 11th, 2013.
• Artists may submit multiple entries for selection.
• Entries will be selected by digital images in JPEG or TIF format submitted on a disc or email preferred.
• One image for each 2-dimensional artwork and up to three images for each 3- dimensional artwork may be submitted.
• All images must be of professional quality.
• Entry form and disc mailed or delivered to Curatorial Committee, Pittmann-
• Digital images are to be submitted on a Windows capable CD. JPEG format files are preferred.
• Keep files to a maximum size of 1.5MB, and 300 dpi.
• Be sure your image file names do not have special characters like quotation
marks or slash marks. File names need to be as follows: Name_art title_entry
• Include a reference sheet with thumbnails of images, dimensions, medium and
retail price of each submission.
• Label the CD with the artist’s name and email address.
Artwork must be prepared in a professional manner for installation. The backs of
April 26, 2013
Postmark deadline for exhibition entries
May 2, 2013
Selected artist and works invited to participate in exhibition.
May 10, 2013
Accepted artwork due. Deliver to Affirmations between 11AM – 9PM
May 16, 2013
Exhibition Opening and Artist Reception 6:30PM-9PM
July 11, 2013
Exhibition closes – final day
July 12-15, 2012
This all-media exhibition is open to all Michigan and Ontario residents 18 and older.
Artists may submit multiple entries in any media created within the last two years.
Works submitted must not have been previously shown in the Pittmann-Puckett
Gallery. All work submitted must be available for sale.
Delivery and Pick-Up
Works may be hand delivered or shipped. If shipping, the artist is responsible for complying with all regulations pertaining to works of art. Artists must make arrangements for return shipping and cover all expenses. All works must be delivered and picked up on the dates specified in the calendar.
Every precaution will be taken to assure protection of the work; however Affirmations is not responsible for loss or damage.
Michigan sales tax is collected and submitted. Payments to artists will be no later than
30 days after the closing of the exhibition.
Submitting an entry to this exhibition shall constitute the agreement with all conditions in this prospectus. Affirmations reserves the right to reproduce accepted entries for publicity purposes.
For more information on art at Affirmations, check out their website at www.goaffirmations.org.